EBAN is the pan-European representative for early-stage investors gathering over 100 member organizations more than 50 countries today. Established in 1999 by a group of pioneer angel networks in Europe with the collaboration of the European Commission and EURADA, EBAN represents a sector estimated to invest 7.5 billion Euros a year and playing a vital role in Europe’s future, notably in the funding of SMEs. EBAN is a community of business angels and other early-stage investors across Europe. We work with our members to promote knowledge, best practice sharing, networking, syndication and cross border investing within the community.
Operations Trainee Position:
EBAN is looking for a motivated and enthusiastic person to join our team as Operations Trainee. The selected candidate will be assisting the EBAN team in all its main activities: organizing events geared toward connecting the early-stage ecosystem, training and professionalising early-stage investors and entrepreneurs, raising awareness on news and initiatives related to early-stage investing, and more. The role requires a proactive individual with energy and focus, able to take ownership of his/her tasks and to multitask. The ideal trainee is passionate for innovation, entrepreneurship and early-stage investment, enjoys interacting with multiple international actors both online and offline, has good organizational skills, as well as oral and written communication skills.
Tasks include but are not limited to:
- Helping organize EBAN’s flagship event – the European Angel Investment Summit – as well as webinars and other types of online events.
- Creating content and helping maintain the EBAN website
- Updating and maintaining EBAN’s membership directories
- Collecting data and researching topics related to angel investing
- Developing and implementing surveys
The traineeship is intended as a trial period for a full-time position in the EBAN team, to be converted to an employee contract based on 3-4 months of evaluation.
Available as soon as possible for a full-time role (i.e. 38 hours a week), (exact start date to be discussed based on the candidate’s availability).
- Excellent verbal and written command of English, knowledge of another European language an asset
- Excellent organisational skills and high attention to detail
- Advanced Excel and Office Suite skills
- Basic knowledge of WordPress – preferred
- Ability to cope with tight deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work effectively with dynamic and diverse staff
- High level of resilience
- Team spirit and the ability to work independently
▪ Full time involvement in one of the fastest growing financial markets at international level
▪ Interesting and varied work
▪ Attendance and support to preparation of international events
▪ Traineeship Reimbursement
▪ After evaluation of the trainee’s skills and fit within the team, a full-time employee contract
The traineeship is a hybrid role based in Brussels; however, remote arrangements can be considered. The role is full-time (38 hours per week).
Start date: As soon as possible
Interested candidates can send a CV and a motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that only short-listed applicants will be contacted for an interview