EBAN is the pan-European representative for early-stage investors gathering over 100 member organizations more than 50 countries today. Established in 1999 by a group of pioneer angel networks in Europe with the collaboration of the European Commission and EURADA, EBAN represents a sector estimated to invest 7.5 billion Euros a year and playing a vital role in Europe’s future, notably in the funding of SMEs. EBAN is a community of business angels and other early-stage investors across Europe. We work with our members to promote knowledge, best practice sharing, networking, syndication and cross border investing within the community.
Finance and Accounting Trainee Position:
EBAN is looking for a motivated and enthusiastic person to join our team as Finance and Accounting Trainee. The selected candidate will be assisting the EBAN team in all financial, accounting, and administrative matters.
The role requires a proactive individual with energy and focus, able to take ownership of his/her tasks and to multitask.
Tasks include but are not limited to:
- Assisting with invoicing and bookkeeping
- Assisting with budgeting and financial reporting related to EU-funded projects
- Assisting with preparing periodic financial reports
- Providing support for other administrative tasks as needed
The traineeship is intended as a trial period for a full-time position in the EBAN team, to be converted to an employee contract based on 3-4 months of evaluation.
Available as soon as possible for a full-time role (i.e. 38 hours a week), exact start date to be discussed based on the candidate’s availability.
- Bachelor/master’s degree preferably in Business, Finance, Economics or similar
- Previous experience in accounting is an asset
- Advanced Excel and Office Suite skills
- Excellent verbal and written command of English, knowledge of another European language an asset
- Excellent organisational skills and high attention to detail
- Ability to cope with tight deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work effectively with dynamic and diverse staff
- High level of resilience
- Team spirit and the ability to work independently
▪ Full time involvement in one of the fastest growing financial markets at international level
▪ Interesting and varied work
▪ Traineeship Reimbursement
▪ After evaluation of the trainee’s skills and fit within the team, a full-time employee contract
The traineeship is a hybrid role based in Brussels; however, remote arrangements can be considered. The role is full-time (38 hours per week).
Start date: September/October 2022
Interested candidates can send a CV and a motivation letter to email@example.com
Please note that only short-listed applicants will be contacted for an interview.