- January 17, 2022
- Posted by: EBAN Team
- Category: Uncategorized
The European Business Angels Network (EBAN) is a global network of early-stage investors, gathering +150 members in 53 countries including business angels, business angel networks, business angel federations, early-stage funds, business accelerators and electronic funding platforms. Since its inception in 1999, EBAN has demonstrated commitment to developing capacity, knowledge, and experience in the context of financing early-stage ventures, especially angel investment, investment in innovative companies, support of entrepreneurship and startup growth. Recent market research reports that angel investing accounts for more than two thirds of private investments made into early-stage SMEs and start-ups, with the European business angel market representing a cumulative annual investment of nearly 8 billion Euros. The investment activity in our network is essential to finance innovation and bring it to the market, ultimately creating jobs, driving economic growth and societal wellbeing.
EBAN is looking for a motivated and enthusiastic person to join our team in Brussels in the role of EU Project Manager. The selected candidate will be responsible for the daily implementation and management of several Horizon 2020/Horizon Europe projects funded by the European Commission. Our projects focus on training and accelerating startups, on connecting startups with investors, and on developing educational content about early stage investing and technology. EBAN’s ongoing projects can be found here: https://www.eban.org/current-eu-projects/
The role requires a proactive individual with energy and focus, able to take ownership of his/her tasks and to multitask. The ideal candidate is passionate for innovation, entrepreneurship and early-stage investment, enjoys interacting with multiple international actors both online and offline, has good organizational skills as well as oral and written communication skills. She/He will play a pivotal liaison role with all internal and external stakeholders, spanning all Work Packages (WPs) and tasks.
Tasks include but are not limited to:
- Monitoring the overall progress regarding milestones and deliverables;
- Operationalisation and timing of all activities in the project;
- Acting as the centre of communication between all internal and external stakeholders;
- Champion the preparation of deliverables;
- Preparation of the technical interim and final reports;
- Assisting with the timely preparation and submission of financial reports;
- Representing EBAN in EU Project events and Project Consortium meetings.
- Minimum 1 year of experience in EU Horizon 2020 Project Management roles;
- Passion for innovation, startup entrepreneurship and private investment;
- Written and spoken English and French proficiency;
- Exceptional organisational skills and high attention to detail;
- Ability to cope with tight deadlines;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Ability to work effectively with dynamic and diverse staff;
- High level of resilience;
- Team spirit and the ability to work independently;
- Knowledge of EU project accounting, budgeting and financial reporting.
The candidate must be based in or willing to relocate to Brussels, Belgium, and available to start working from February-March 2022 (exact date to be agreed on).
Full-time contract (i.e. 38 hours a week) with attractive salary
Full immersion in the global early-stage investment and entrepreneurship ecosystem
Continuous development and career-progression opportunities
Interested candidates are welcomed to send a CV and a one-page motivational letter to:
Director of Secretariat
Deadline to apply: 17 February 2022
Please note that only short-listed applicants will be contacted for an online interview.