- June 11, 2019
- Posted by: ebanteam
- Category: News
On 3-4 June, more than 530 investors, entrepreneurs, VCs, corporates and innovators gathered in Helsinki to experience 2 days filled with networking, inspiring keynotes, productive workshops and insightful panel discussions at the 20th edition of the EBAN Annual Congress. EBAN Helsinki focused on creating a #ProfitableNetworking environment for all of its attendees, while also discussing all things angel investing and weighing in on innovation ecosystem trends. On top of the content-rich agenda, the Congress underlined the importance of matchmaking between investors, especially on a cross-border level, and the crucial role such connections serve in developing the angel investing and entrepreneurial ecosystem.
EBAN would like to thank our co-organisers for the Congress – FiBAN, Arctic15, and the European Investment Project Portal – as well as our sponsors and partners: KAAPELI, KPMG, Business Finland, NewCo Helsinki, Clarion Hotel, BusinessOulu, Springvest, Grannenfelt Finance, Privanet, ABAN, SpaceUp, EBAN Space, Terkko Health Hub, InnoEnergy, ESA, MBAN, Iris Capital, ELITE, Gust, We+ Kaapeli, ICEX – Invest in Spain, Aalto University, Business Jyväskylä, Nordic Business Angel Network, and TAIGA COLORS, whose contributions were invaluable in making the event a resounding success.
In addition, we would like to thank the 98 speakers and mentors who shared their expertise and insights at the Congress, with special thanks to our world-class keynote speakers: Zach Coelius, Managing partner at Coelius Capital, Adam Kostyal, Senior Vice President at NASDAQ, Lars Fløe Nielsen, Co-founder at Nordic Makers, Filipa Ramalho, Policy Officer for the European Investment Project Portal, Pia Santavirta, Managing Director at FVCA, Risto Siilasmaa, Chairman of Nokia, Peter Vesterbacka, former Executive at Rovio, Adeo Ressi, Founder and CEO of The Founder Institute, and Rudy Aernoudt, Senior Economist at the European Commission.
Want to recap what was discussed? You can request the keynote presentations from the FiBAN office. Please note that not all speakers have agreed to share their presentation slides, nor shared them with the organizers.
We would like to wholeheartedly congratulate the EBAN Helsinki 2019 Gala Awards winners:
– Best European Early Stage Investor: – Ian Sosso, Founder and Managing Partner at Monte Carlo Capital.
– Best Performing EBAN Member: Swiss ICT Investor Club (SICTIC).
– Best Performing New EBAN Member: Lithuanian Business Angel Network (LitBAN).
– Best Individual/Organisation Globally Engaging the Early Stage Investment and Entrepreneurial Ecosystem – Nordic Angel Program (NAP) run by DanBAN, EstBAN, FiBAN, BAN Norway, NordicBAN, Civitta, and StartupIncluder.
– Successful Business Financed by Early Stage Investors: Phorest, with investment from the Halo Business Angel Network (HBAN).