- October 14, 2020
- Posted by: EBAN Team
- Category: News
In partnership with Technoport from Luxembourg, Atal Incubation Centre-Aartech, IIM Calcutta Innovation Park & SRIX (SR Innovation Exchange) from India, as well as Innovus & Africa, and Orange, Descartes Incubator are organizing the Aggregator 2020, an International Start-Up vs Covid-19 Matchmaking Competition between Europe, Africa and India.
The aim of this competition is to identity and reward start-ups/SMEs working on similar sectors and/or developing similar products and services, candidates to become a molecular start-up. A molecular start-up is a company built as an aggregation of two or more companies or startups addressing the same market and whose combination products or services deliver a consistent product or service.
If you are interested in external growth, in joining forces with a partner and hence develop internationally without having the hurdle of opening a branch abroad, this opportunity is for you!
Innovative start-ups’ and SMEs’ projects providing solutions to the Covid-19 healthcare crisis are expected, addressing in particular one or many of the following United Nations Sustainable Development Goals:
#2 Zero Hunger (related to food wastage)
#3 Good Health and Well Being
#4 Quality education
#6 Clean Water and Sanitation
#7 Affordable and Clean Energy
#8 Decent work and economic growth
#11 Sustainable Cities and Communities
#12 Responsible consumption and production
#13 Climate action
As such, technology enabled solutions addressing one or many of the above-mentioned SDGs are welcome to apply.
What’s in it for you?
- Grow your business in new markets in Europe and India by receiving access to mentors, strategic partners and market experts in your target region(s)
- Rapidly validate your product and service ideas in new markets
- Be matched with a start-up or business of similar size from Europe, Africa or India that is working on similar or complementary solutions to yours
- Be introduced to and receive support in engaging with your counterpart
- Receive mentoring and legal advice on how to collaborate with your counterpart business in Europe, Africa or India
- The group of 3 matching companies with the highest potential of becoming a molecular start-up, will win a travel allowance to the other region for taking the next steps towards serious engagements.
The competition is open until 30 October 2020.
The pre-selection will take place on November 16th and the winners will be announced on November 30th 2020.