- June 3, 2021
- Posted by: EBAN Team
- Category: KNOWLEDGE CENTER
Following it’s 2020 report, Dankse Bank has recently updated The State of Nordic Impact Startup report, which is based on a mapping of 1,200+ impact start-ups across the Nordic region, based on data from 1.230 start-ups and 1.365 funding rounds, and a deep dive on the Green Growth startups of the future.
A few highlights of the findings:
- Investment into Nordic impact startups has grown 25x in the last 10 years, reaching €1.6B in 2020.
- Venture capital in the Nordics is significantly more impact focused than other regions, with 34% of all VC investment in the Nordics going to impact companies, vs. 17% for Europe as a whole.
- Impact startups receive 25% more job applications than non-impact startups.
- 39% of seed-stage Nordic impact startups raise a Series A within 36 months. Compared to 19% for a benchmark of European tech startups.