- April 12, 2019
- Posted by: ebanteam
- Category: News
PRESS RELEASE – 12th April
9 Successful Exits Have Returned More Than €19m In Cash To The Investors In The GoBeyond Community
GoBeyond has published The 2019 GoBeyond Investor Report: “Angel Investing Strategies and Portfolio Returns”. The Report is based on data from 2008 to 2018 covering investments made by 800+ investors who invest through the GoBeyond platform.
Key Facts and Figures:
- The GoBeyond investor community includes 884 early stage investors that come from 45 countries and represent 48 nationalities.
- The GoBeyond community invested €24.1m (CHF27.3m) through 247 investment
rounds in 98 companies from 17 countries.
- 88% of investors who have invested at least once have breakeven or positive returns.
Christopher Rolfe, CEO GoBeyond, comments: “it is a special occasion for the GoBeyond community when we publish our annual report. Behind this unique report and data set are hours of work done by dedicated people in our community: angel investors, deal leaders, employees and advisors. To provide this type of insight is invaluable and we believe it sets our company apart in the emerging asset class that is early stage investing.”
The Report also includes the results of a research collaboration between the University of St. Gallen and GoBeyond. The researchers from St.Gallen analyzed predictive algorithms using Twitter data and a large dataset of companies (including GoBeyond portfolio startups) to build a model to predict new venture survival. Although the research is still in its early stages, initial results suggest that the model can correctly discriminate failed ventures from surviving
ventures in up to 77% of cases.
The GoBeyond Approach:
- Sector and geographically diverse community of business angels
- Curated deals sourced from dedicated Deal Leaders with strong ecosystem relationships
- Emphasis on learning & returns-focussed approach
- Cross-border deals at various stages of investment
- Seamless syndication for small & large investments through an optimized technology platform
Since 2008 GoBeyond has curated connections between like-minded investors and highly-vetted entrepreneurs at the forefront of innovation with the talent, drive and determination to succeed. The GoBeyond team strives to provide both novice and experienced investors with constructive support by sharing valuable resources, facts, figures, portfolio tools, insights and expertise. It is the angel company by investors for investors.